Re: Children of YEC's in Sunday School (WAS: How to discuss evol ution with friends

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 19:25:47 EST

    >>A more satisfying argument, to me, would
    be that God created the Universe some 6000 or so years ago as a fully
    functional system, with the stars 'way out there and the light well on
    its
    way to us, with all the daughter products of the U and The series in
    place, with the isotopic signatures that we find, etc., etc. Note that I
    don't say I'd be happy with it, but I think I'd prefer it over "shoe
    horning" Genesis into geology or the other way around.>>

    That's the Gosse concept. Most people (not me) reject it because they
    think it makes God out to be a deceiver. See his book or my review (a
    copy is on my web site).

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)