Re: Genesis One that Fits, #3

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 12:11:22 EST

    At 08:38 AM 15/02/02 +0000, Jim Eisele wrote:

    That Gen.1 was the creation of the world, Gen.2 deals with Adam and Eve.

    Why can these chapters contradict each on your point of view.

    BTW This forum is supported by Calvin College, where Howard VanTill
    teaches. I was in a committee dealing with these questions. It took three
    years before we were ready. The point is that you can not just go point by
    point, but have to consider the whole question: "Why and how was Gen.1-10
    written." That cannot be answered point by point in the way you want it to
    be answered. That is why people refer you to books.

    Jan de K.