RE: Children of YEC's in Sunday School (WAS: How to discuss evol ution with friends

From: Vandergraaf, Chuck (vandergraaft@aecl.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 15:54:42 EST

    George,

    Yes, I appreciate the limitations of the day-age concordism. Note, also,
    that I would not advocate the "apparent age approach" either. However, one
    might argue (tongue in cheek!) that God created the world "as we have to
    today" to give geologists etc. something to do. Sort of like a jigsaw
    puzzle or a "problem" to solve. That would not necessarily be misleading on
    God's part, would it? The "misleading" aspect would then be our assumption.
    Sort of along the lines of an Easter egg hunt: a participant can rejoice in
    the detective work to find the eggs and marvel at the clever design in
    hiding the eggs, or (s)he can be annoyed of all the unnecessary work (s)he
    has to go through to get the goodies, because the supplier of the eggs could
    just as well have put the eggs in a basket.

    Just a few thoughts.

    Shalom,

    Chuck