Re: On the seventh day...

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 10:39:25 EST

    >Does the biblical creation narrative indicate that God stopped creating? If so, is that teaching at odds with our understanding of species development processes?<

    This argument is used by some YECs, and I believe it has also been used by old-earth advocates who claim that the production of new species has stopped. However, in YEC usage, the same individual will often claim that God created thorns, diseases, etc. after the fall and carnivory after the Flood, in addition to implying creation or miraculous modification of things and laws in their Flood scenarios. The OEC version runs into problems in that many new species and even a few higher taxa have been produced during human history.

        Dr. David Campbell
        Old Seashells
        46860 Hilton Dr #1113
        Lexington Park MD 20653 USA
        bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com

    That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand Exalted Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks-P.G. Wodehouse, Romance at Droigate Spa