Fwd: Fw: Wordplay

From: Stuart d Kirkley (stucandu@lycos.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 13:28:47 EST

    Here's some mirth for all to enjoy. I know I;ve seen this list somewhere else, so it's either plaigerised or someones really slow on the uptake at the Washington Post.

    -----
    Subject: Wordplay

    Each year the Washington Post's Style Invitational asks readers to take any word
    from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter and
    supply a new definition. Here are the 2001 winners:

    Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it
    was your money to start with.

    Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.

    Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.

    Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.

    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who
    doesn't get it.

    Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.

    Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.

    Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease (this one got extra credit).

    Karmageddon: It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad
    vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious
    bummer.

    Glibido: All talk and no action.

    Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at
    you rapidly.

    Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an asshole.