Re: Do animals ever "sin" (was something else)

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 09:56:52 EST

    Adrian wrote: "This position (of dualism) has been held by Christians
    since the earliest days, and to claim in the 20th century that these
    folks got it wrong all along (i.e. for 20 centuries)on such a major
    theological issue is to call into serious question the role of
    the Holy Spirit in guiding the church."

    I don't know that the HS gives a fig leaf's care whether or not we get
    something so esoteric as dualism vs monism "right." It is clear that
    "over the centuries" we Xtians got a lot of other things wrong.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)