Re: fan dan hai shi fan zhuan

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 19:02:25 EST

    Jan de Koning wrote:

    > Why not write in a language everyone can read?
    > Jan de K.

    It's an advertisement for the Chinese stock market
    (in simplified Chinese characters). It's evidently
    somebody's gimmick to get you (actually mainly overseas
    Chinese) to trade on the new Chinese stock market.

    I'm not sure what the most orthodox translation of
    "fan dan hai shi fan zhuan" is, but my take on the
    meaning is something like "do you want to start
    making some real money off that savings?" Anyway,
    I'm sure you've been around long enough to know the
    take from similar spam in the US (consider it a
    "we fly by night" company).

    by Grace we proceed: indeed, yet another soul who needs
    to advance (fan zhuan) toward seeking the treasures of
    heaven, rather than seeking the treasures of the world.

    Wayne