RE: Redheads descended from Neanderthals?

From: Woodward Norm Civ WRALC/TIEDM (Norm.Woodward@robins.af.mil)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 18:09:04 EST

    Thanks for the response.

    Perhaps as expected, I do not agree with much of your conclusions, but you
    have opened my mind on some concepts which I did not think about before...

    In that passage in Romans, it does seem to indicate that all creatures are
    yearning for the time that we may reunite in that eternal Paradise on High,
    just as we were together in that earthly Paradise long ago.

    However, no where in that passage does it say that they are assured of any
    redemption from the Blood of Christ. Their individual destinies appear to
    be based on their service to God and, in some cases, Man. Likewise, in
    Hebrews, I again found no reason to believe that the angels have such an
    assurance. Indeed, a demon, which I have always assumed to be a "fallen"
    angel, can "believe in God," and recognize Christ as His Son, to no avail
    (James 2:19, and elsewhere.)

    In Hebrews 2:9-18, it is obvious that the author was explaining why Christ
    was willing to temporarily humble Himself below the level of angels, and the
    making "...propitiation for the sins..." of angels wasn't it.

    In the verses in Colossians and Ephesians, it is unfortunate that the
    translators decided to add "things" to the adjective "all," and other
    places. If they had added "men" instead, with equal justification, then much
    of this confusion would have been eliminated.

    Some of God's creatures will make it to heaven, some will not. But through
    the sacrifice of His Son, we, alone, have the path of forgiveness open to
    us.

    Have a good week-end.

    Norm Woodward
    Warner Robins Georgia