Re: Redheads descended from Neanderthals?

From: PHSEELY@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 14:10:41 EST

    In a message dated 01/31/2002 7:32:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
    dfsiemensjr@juno.com writes:

    << A group of us went through the book ["Whatever Happened to the Soul?"]
    rather carefully. I was very
     disappointed. First, it essentially accepted a totally naturalistic
     approach with God tacked on. It seems to me deistic rather than theistic.
     Second, Green covered all the verses that could be given this
     naturalistic twist but neglected those that made difficulties. It is so
     easy to declare that "my view is scholarly, you poor benighted and
     Cartesian-deluded souls." But this is of the nature of propaganda rather
     than demonstration. Of course their view is scholarly: so was the most
     radical Higher Criticism. And it is the claim of the Jesus Seminar. >>

    I agree. A group of us went to hear Nancy lecture on the soul a year or so
    ago. She used and misused Scriptures to support her thesis and was oblivious
    to those that undermined it.

    Paul