Re: Redheads descended from Neanderthals?

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 12:55:06 EST

    Norm.Woodward wrote:

    > As another (relative) newcomer, I am somewhat confused by the consternation
    > by some about humans having somehow connected to Neanderthals. If I was a
    > Fundie preacher, I would welcome an explanation of those "sons of God" and
    > Nephilim found in Chapter 6 of Genesis, and their descendants mentioned at
    > the end of Numbers 14. (No, don't ask me how they survived the Flood...)

    I have often wondered myself at some of those passages,
    if they might have been referring to some enclave of
    Neanderthal. Especially the Rephaites.... Ge 14:5.
    There were Neanderthal in the middle east for quite
    a long time, and it seems reasonable that some of them
    could have hung in there until quite late. Still, there
    is no real evidence, so there's not much to go on, and
    I am not a biblical scholar, so I could be very wrong
    on my speculations as well.

    by Grace we proceed,
    Wayne