RE: Redheads descended from Neanderthals?

From: Woodward Norm Civ WRALC/TIEDM (Norm.Woodward@robins.af.mil)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 18:44:59 EST

    As another (relative) newcomer, I am somewhat confused by the consternation
    by some about humans having somehow connected to Neanderthals. If I was a
    Fundie preacher, I would welcome an explanation of those "sons of God" and
    Nephilim found in Chapter 6 of Genesis, and their descendants mentioned at
    the end of Numbers 14. (No, don't ask me how they survived the Flood...)

    Also, as an OEC, I am intrigue that one can accept evolution, which was
    John's first premise, then balk at the thought of the evolution of
    humans-in-the-image-of-God, or of the existence of a "Soul."

    For myself, if Neanderthals worshiped a higher being, that makes them human
    enough for me.

    To paraphrase Twain: Man is the only animal that prays. Or needs to.

    Norm Woodward
    Warner Robins Georgia