RE: Flawed anthro views of RTB

From: Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@uncwil.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 15:11:21 EST

    I have defined the subject matter of science as data collected by physical
    devices, which may include that collected by humans. But such data does not
    characterize the whole of reality. Witness human consciousness, which is not
    physical, and can be detected only by humans. There is a difference between
    the following two questions: how old are you Glenn? and, when were you born?
    The answer to the former is as old as the universe, and the answer to the
    latter is your birthday. Therefore, everything that exists is just as old as
    anything else. Accordingly, believing in an instant creation, which may of
    course take a finite amount of time, is quite consistent with all the data you
    can take. People often talk of the rings in a tree as a deception that God is
    putting in our way, but I do not see any rings in the seeds that develop into
    the trees. I do not have to prove that there is a universe out there that our
    sense and physical devices detect. I assume it! I do not dispute your
    assumptions to study nature, but one can never be conclusive about what really
    happened. Your forensic study of the past is fine but it can never lead to a
    certainty, the best it can be is to be true beyond a reasonable doubt.

    Moorad