Essay in Christian Century, responding to Crews article in NY Times Review of Books

From: Ted Davis (tdavis@messiah.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 09:40:03 EST

    I want to call attention to the splendid essay by Stephen Pope in Christian
    Century, 2-9 January, responding to the awful review that Frederick Crews
    (Berkeley) wrote of several religion/science books in the NY Times Review of
    Books. Readers may recall that I disagreed with praise for Crews on this
    listserve several weeks ago, now there is a lucid and vivid essay that
    states many of my concerns--and more--much better than I did at the time. I
    recommend this essay strongly.

    Ted Davis