Re: views of scientists-help needed

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 10:20:14 EST

    George wrote, in part: "But there is a considerable amount of naivete &
    carelessness."

    We can agree on that, of course. I am 1/2 way through the Corey book --
    what a disappointment. It fits the above, I'm

            George also comments: " To the general theodicy question I would
    just comment that:
            a) process theology is too easy a solution, and
            b) (as I have said before) any theodicy in which the cross is not
    central isn't ultimately worth much."

    Considering the degree of difficulty I've had in just BEGINNING to
    understand process theology, I'd certainly not call it "easy." But it is
    also not very satisfying. Of course I've been 40+ years a fairly
    "conventional" Christian, and so new stuff is sometimes hard to
    assimilate.

    Thanks for commenting.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)