Re: views of scientists-help needed

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 11:00:36 EST

    George wrote: "Many have only hazy ideas about what evolution is as a
    scientific theory, & others have already have the misconception that will
    be reinforced by this definition. & this ambiguity is extremely
    pertinent to the the success of what is essentially a bait and switch
    operation."

    I think where you and I disagree most strongly on all this is that you
    appear to see nefarious motivations (i.e. your "bait & switch" comment)
    on the part of the loyal opposition and I do not.

    I agree with you that the web site could be improved in this area to
    differentiate between "Darwinism" as an invalid philosophy and other
    definitions.

    On another subject, I just checked out of the Iliff library a new book by
    Michael Corey called "Evolution and the Problem of Natural Evil." Have
    you (or anyone here) seen it and have comments. After reading just the
    first chapter last night, I think it is going to be a significant
    contribution to the dialog. I have noted that Van Till and Griffin are
    both commented upon -- however I have not read those sections carefully
    yet.

    Regards,

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com