Re: views of scientists-help needed

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 13:07:22 EST

    George wrote: "Both versions rule out any belief that God has anything to
    do
    with the evolutionary process at any level. If you do that you can then
    cite a lot of Christians who accept evolution through natural selection
    as opponents of "Darwinism." This is very misleading."

    The purpose of the definition was to do exactly that, rule out "a god."
    One needs to have words with which to communicate -- I think they have
    done a good thing in defining (tightly) what it is they are talking
    about. The fact that the word "Darwinism" admits of other definitions is
    understood, but really not pertinent.

    The list is a simple one -- assume the "Darwinism" definition they make,
    and the following persons have a problem with the concept it defines. Use
    their definition, or my suggested change -- the point is the same.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)