RE: Staged developmental creation.

From: Woodward Norm Civ WRALC/TIEDM (Norm.Woodward@robins.af.mil)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 11:17:04 EST

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Howard J. Van Till [mailto:hvantill@novagate.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 8:04 PM
    To: Woodward Norm Civ WRALC/TIEDM; asa@calvin.edu
    Subject: Re: Staged developmental creation.

    >From: Woodward Norm Civ WRALC/TIEDM <Norm.Woodward@robins.af.mil>

    > --If the conventional theistic view is correct, that God pre-existed
    before
    > the Cosmos, and will probably exist beyond, then "...to be intimately
    > related to a World..." can not logically be an essential part of His
    nature.

    It seems you may have missed the point: process theology (or naturalistic
    theism) offers a view of God and the God/world relationship that is
    substantially different from the "conventional theistic view" inherited
    from the Ancient Near Eastern and Greco-Roman cultures.
    ---And, so, from this POV, the creator did not exist before his creation?
    Or is it, a being can exist without "an essential part of (its) nature"?
    You are right, I am missing the point...
    Norm

    Howard Van Till