Thompson's remarks

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 17:37:15 EDT

    I posted some comments from a writer named Thompson. Here is what I
    posted.
    -----------------
    Me: The writer makes a lot of sense. I don't think he has the whole
    picture, but his arguments are worth listening to.
    -----------------------------
    Thompson: At the risk of sounding like an apologist for a despicable act,
    I would like to provide some possibilities for understanding the roots of
    this tragedy: (snip)

    In short, I believe that we are paying a terrible price for a very
    shortsided and egocentric American political and economic worldview, and
    unless we change this worldview, I am concerned that yesterday's tragedy
    will be only a down payment on the retribution yet to come.
    Me again: I cannot understand the "49%" figure in #3; I would think that
    to be some creative accounting. The write also does not "give us credit"
    for some of those military actions mentioned in #2, which were to defend
    others. But his arguments are not without merit.
    Several people commented on this; I am not entirely in disagreement with
    much that was saud. I continue to believe, however, that Thompson has
    made arguments which need to be heard and considered if we really want
    the world to get much better.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)