RE: The ASA List

From: Scott Tucker (stucker@PSP.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 08:43:09 EDT

    As a new member of the list, I certainly would not object to a few ground
    rules.

    I am a member of a couple of other Christian discussion lists that are
    moderated, yet effectively "uncensored" as it applies to discussion topics.
    A handful of sensible rules allow the moderator to stay predominantly in the
    background, but still prevent the list from being hijacked by a few with
    very narrow agendas.

    The rules that seem most effective are:

    1. No name calling, put downs, or personal attacks on the character or
    motives of any poster
    2. Requirement to respond to criticism openly (no "hit and run" attacks)
    3. No anonymous postings
    4. Posts should generally support, in the moderator's judgment, the goals
    established for the list
    5. List cannot be used for commercial purposes.

    --Scott Tucker