Re: Condolences

From: Dan Eumurian (cen09460@centurytel.net)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 14:52:27 EDT

    I would like to offer my condolences and encouragement to my fellow
    Americans and appreciation to my brothers and sisters on the list who
    have expressed their love and sympathy. A television report yesterday
    stated that two people were forced to jump from a high floor of the
    World Trade Center because of the intense fire. They reportedly jumped
    hand in hand.

    HAND IN HAND

    The day was so lovely, the future so bright.
    The crash was so sudden, so total the fright.
    So fearsome the fire, no way could they stand.
    They leapt from the window
    Hand in hand.

    The greatest compassion did selflessly send
    Firefighter, police, stranger, colleague and friend.
    Disaster and hatred won't conquer our land.
    We'll build it yet stronger
    Hand in hand.

    Dan Eumurian
    La Crosse, Wisconsin USA