Re: Copernicus vs. Darwin---was Payne-Miller

From: Joel Cannon (jcannon@jcannon.washjeff.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 14:41:15 EDT

    From Bill Payne

    > > For example, is it a fact or an interpretation that the earth orbits
    > > the Sun and not vice versa? How do we know without inferring it from
    > > other data? [snip]
    >

    > Joel, what you have done here is conflate evolution with heliocentricity
    > and atomic structure. There is a major difference between interpretating
    > *historical* science and *experimental* science.

    Please give specific examples of what the major differences are
    between the "experimental" work of Copernicus and the "historical"
    work of Darwin. Attaching the words "experimental" and "historical"
    does not illuminate you point.

    Joel W. Cannon | (724)223-6146
    Physics Department |
    Washington and Jefferson College |