Re: Icons of Evolution

From: SteamDoc@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 23:42:07 EDT

    In a message dated 6/14/01 9:34:59 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
    tgreene@usxchange.net writes:

    > What is it about "macroevolution," what are the characteristics of this
    > evolution that are the cause for raising some kind of distinction from
    > "microevolution"? Is this a distinctive kind of evolution recognized
    > through scientific observation? Or is this concept something in the eye
    > of the creationist beholder?

    Somebody, I think on this list, once remarked that "microevolution" is
    usually effectively defined as "evolution I believe in" while
    "macroevolution" means "evolution I don't believe in." I too would like to
    see anti-evolutionists give the terms scientific definitions and use them
    consistently. I'm not holding my breath.

    Dr. Allan H. Harvey, Boulder, Colorado | SteamDoc@aol.com
    "Any opinions expressed here are mine, and should not be
     attributed to my employer, my wife, or my cats"