Re: Griffin #4

From: David F Siemens (dfsiemensjr@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 13:17:16 EDT

    Burgy,
    Much later it occurred to me that, in my response to you, I had
    overlooked another theory about the deity, a version of neo-Platonic
    emanationism. The "true" or "ultimate" deity produced a lesser deity
    which is the god of this world or a member of a series leading to him or
    it. The imperfection of the final being in the series explains why the
    world is not as perfect as Griffin would make it were he in charge. ;-)
    Dave