Re: So. Baptist Spin on BOE Vote

From: Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 23:06:15 EDT

    On Mon, 4 Jun 2001 20:34:13 +0200 Samuel.D.Olsen@rf.no writes:

    > Stavanger is the oil capital of Norway and through the 13 years I have
    > been here, I have been in contact with a good number of
    > geologists/geophysicists working for Oil Companies. Of those who have
    > attended the same church as me (Baptist affiliated with So. Baptist),
    only
    > two were outspoken YEC proponents. These gentlemen nevertheless
    carried
    > out their projects for their companies and moved up the ladder
    obtaining
    > similar promotions as I observed for OEC/Theistic evolution proponents.

    Yes, I've heard similar comments from friends of mine, and as far as my
    employment with an engineering/environmental co., the same is true. The
    problem begins when a YEC (or someone who is categorized as YEC
    regardless of what is really believed) is perceived to have a position of
    influence in working for change in the status quo, or threatening to
    present evidence which impacts our theories of origins.

    Bill
    GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.