Re: halos

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 17:46:05 EST

    A few years ago, Dr. Gentry was a featured speaker of the local young-earth group. I saw an ad (on the local access cable channel) for it that made numerous ridiculous claims about the mysterious nature of granite formation. At the time I assumed that the local group had failed to do basic research on the topic, but perhaps some of the claims were received. I had a conflict, but a graduate student doing research on granites, then president of the UNC graduate chapter of InterVarsity Christian fellowship, was able to attend and comment.

        Dr. David Campbell
        "Old Seashells"
        Biology Department
        Saint Mary's College of Maryland
        18952 E. Fisher Road
        St. Mary's City, MD 20686-3001 USA
        dcampbell@osprey.smcm.edu, 301 862-0372 Fax: 301 862-0996
    "Mollusks murmured 'Morning!'. And salmon chanted 'Evening!'."-Frank Muir, Oh My Word!