Legislative Alert: Michigan Creationism Bill

From: Todd S. Greene (tgreene@presortservices.com)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 09:22:06 EST

    Hi, everyone.

    A bill has just been introduced in the state of Michigan by state
    legislator Bob Gosselin. If you live in Michigan and are interested in
    helping to oppose this bill (such as "officially" joining a citizens
    group for quality science education, spending some time and effort
    doing research and writing up your results, or even driving to Lansing),
    or if you are a member of a citizens group who is already working to
    oppose this bill, then please contact me at tgreene@usxchange.net .

         "Creationist" Philosophy May Invade School Science Classes
         Republican state lawmaker Bob Gosselin from Troy, Michigan,
         insists that we need to add "creationism" to our public
         schools' science classes. He has a proposed law that would
         force science teachers to tell your kids that the evolution of
         makind is an "unproven theory". He would have your children
         taught that there are other "beliefs" about the origin of our
         species. Gosselin's proposed creationist law will be in the
         state House Education committee in just a few weeks.

    Regards,
    Todd S. Greene
    <tgreene@usxchange.net>
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/7755/

       "The problem here was not the error, it was the
       failure of... the checks and balances in our processes
       to detect the error."

          -- Edward Weiler (Associate Administrator of Space
             Science, NASA), on the mix-up of measuring units
             that caused the $125 million Mars Climate Orbiter
             to fly into Mars' atmosphere and crash.