Re: Bernard Ramm on 'Biblical Inerrancy'

From: Cmekve@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 16:29:13 EST

    In a message dated 2/22/01 1:31:12 PM Mountain Standard Time,
    haasJ@mediaone.net writes:

    << Greetings:

     The more senior members of this list will (may) remember the storm that was
    raised with the publication of Bernard Ramm's The Christian View of Science
    and Scripture (London: Paternoster, 1955). Many would testify that it helped
    them move them from a wooden-literalistic view of the Bible. Ramm wrote on
    the same theme 14 years later as "The relation of Science, Factual
    Statements and the Doctrine of Biblical Inerrancy," Journal of the American
    Scientific Affiliation 21 (December 1969): 98-104.

     The article is now available at
    http://www.asa3.org/ASA/topics/Bible-Science/JASA12-69Ramm.html

     Vintage Ramm - his advice still stands!
     Jack Haas

    I have a question about Ramm. As I understand it, his early book (The
    Christian View of Science and Scripture) derived from his lectures at Biola
    (in a course whose previous lecturer was Harry Rimmer, if I remember
    correctly!). Later Ramm's theology moved in a decidedly Barthian direction,
    but I've never heard how or if that move affected his views as expressed in
    The Christian View...

    Anyone out there care to comment?

    Karl
    Karl V. Evans