Warfare from Bryan and Scopes trial

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 12:16:46 EST

    I do not know of its being a major faith-science issue, but the theological objections to a steady-state universe seem to be corroborated by the evidence for some sort of Big Bang model.

    It should also be kept in mind that sometimes the Church has advocated modern science and the secular opposed it, with the latter coming out in the wrong. One such incident launched Ben Franklin's publishing career, at least as figurehead. His brother was forbidden to publish for making fun of church support for the novel idea of vaccination.

        Dr. David Campbell
        "Old Seashells"
        Biology Department
        Saint Mary's College of Maryland
        18952 E. Fisher Road
        St. Mary's City, MD 20686-3001 USA
        dcampbell@osprey.smcm.edu, 301 862-0372 Fax: 301 862-0996
    "Mollusks murmured 'Morning!'. And salmon chanted 'Evening!'."-Frank Muir, Oh My Word!