Re: Framework Hypothesis (was Kelly Creation and Change)

From: PHSEELY@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 21:37:34 EST

    Terry wrote:

    << Paul wrote:

    >In spite of this bad beginning he has some good stuff refuting the Framework
    >Hypothesis, especially the comments from U. Cassuto's commentary on Genesis.

     Interesting comment. Personally, I thought that Kelly never really
     understood the Framework Hypothesis and merely refuted it by assertion. I'm
     surprised that Paul found it so compelling. [I guess there's no middle
     ground when it comes to Kline--you either can't stand (or understand) him
     or you think he's brilliant.] >>

    I did not find Kelly's case compelling; and you may be right about his
    understanding of the Framework Hypothesis. But, I did think his quotes from
    Casssuto were important and should be read by anyone interested in the
    validity of the Framework Hypothesis. The much more thorough answer to that
    hypothesis is in _ Did God Create in Six Days?_ ed by Joseph Pipa, Jr and
    David Hall--in the essay by Pipa ( c. pp 156-179).

    Paul