Re: movies

From: Kamilla ludwig (kamillal@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2000 - 15:39:39 EST

    Jonathan,

    Thanks for the suggestions. It has been a while since I have seen 2001.
    But I did recently read a novel about AI by an MIT student, Astro Teller.
    It was called "Exegesis", and it made me think of HAL's psychosis in 2001.
    The other interesting thing about the Clarke series was that, in the third
    book, the character played by Roy Schieder could no longer return to Earth -
    having spent so much time in space and low gravity environments, is body had
    adapted and could no longer tolerate Earth's gravity.

    I also like The Abyss. The liquid breathing was very interesting, I figured
    it would eventually be worked out.

    Thanks again,

    Kamilla