Dualisms of God?

From: Jim Beardsley (jim_beardsley@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 14:14:37 EST

    I tried to satisfy some curiosities myself, as references should
    be readily accessible. Alas my time and results (and existing
    knowledge) are still too lacking (searching the list archives
    was ..Challenging), so I'm hoping this will produce an answer or
    (even better) dialogue here.

    David Ash has a '97 book online, "Beware of God: The Ultimate
    Paradox"...
    http://www.juha.freeserve.co.uk/book/bewareofgod.html

    To demystify the title (in case this isn't well known--for all I
    know he lurks or participates in this list!) here are two short
    excerpts:

    "I wrote this book as a person of Jewish blood. It has not been
    easy for me and for clarity and understanding I have prayed and
    meditated. My reason for writing is, I believe, we are coming to
    the end of the present order of things, and I contend the time
    has come for the role of God’s Chosen People to be completed.
    Their important play in history is over and now their power must
    be broken.
    [ . . . ]
    "The truth is you are being tested to your limits in these final
    days of materialistic civilisation. Take your personal power
    now, before you become enslaved by the soul-less forces within
    society. Trust yourself. Trust the future because you hold the
    key to the future in your hands. You are the future. If you work
    with the Spirit, the Earth will be yours and the fullness
    thereof.

    None of my dire warnings need come to pass. Indeed, I hope that
    in my pessimistic predictions I will be proved a false prophet.
    Nonetheless, for a gentle transition to occur from the old age
    to the new, there is a need for people to be informed. If you
    feel some of the information I have shared with you is shocking,
    my reply is: ‘some people need a kick in the pants’. The truth
    can often come as a shock.

    If this book has helped to motivate you to take positive,
    responsible action for your own evolution and the evolution of
    the human race then it has served its purpose. Many will already
    be aware of much of what I have said. If that is your case, I
    hope this book will have helped you tie up a few loose ends. And
    if you want to know who wound round the Tree of Knowledge and
    enlightened Eve at the alpha point of human evolution, look at
    the Caduceus."

    This has nothing to do with science itself, nor perhaps any
    interests of ASA or even anyone on this list, but I am
    interested how mature Christians in science treat & classify
    this dualistic viewpoint (inside or outside the context of
    science, evolution, astronomy, etc) and opine David Ash (if
    known) and a few of his citations (i.e. Carl Jung, or his
    applications of the Bible).

    While I embrace the Holiness and infinite Love of God, this work
    does (partly!) express the passion with which I (if not
    everyone) would ask certain questions if/when given the chance
    in heaven.

    Anyone have links, refs, or otherwise prepared answers?

    "..and the greatest of these is Love."

    Regards, Jim