Re: Ethics of human space travel

From: Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 10:41:32 EST

    On Sat, 9 Dec 2000 06:05:12 -0600 "Darryl Maddox" <dpmaddox@arn.net>
    writes:

    >I know it is trivial but I have asked the same question about native
    cultures on
    > this planet prior to their contact with the Christian tradition and
    have
    > never gotten much of an answer to it either. I know someone had to have

    > asked it before I did and I would bet with anyone that someone has
    written
    > significantly on the question, I just don't know where; so if anyone
    > knows any good sources I would appreciate that information also.

    Hi Darryl,

    You might want to read the book _Eternity in Their Hearts_ by Don
    Richardson. Richardson's thesis is that all peoples have the seed of
    redemptive understanding planted by God in their culture, waiting to be
    watered by believers willing to go to them and work to offer them the
    freedom from bondage that comes from knowing Jesus.

    Or as Jesus said, the fields are white for harvest, pray for laborers to
    go forth.

    Bill