Re: Ethics of human space travel

From: Jonathan Clarke (jdac@alphalink.com.au)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 15:28:47 EST

    Hi Aaron

    This is one of the classic theological SF stories. It was best in in original
    novella form. Blish later extended it into a novel which went down hill from
    where he added material. Other than the Lewis triology, another classic fictional
    works that deal with these issues from a positive perspective are the People
    stories of Zenna Henderson. Most science fiction tends to operate from the
    naively positivist assumption that Christianity will be disproved by space travel
    (eg Clarke's "The Star" or "The Fountains of Paradise".

    GB

    Jonathan