RE: paleoanthropology

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 01:30:45 EST

    There are several books that are good paleoanthro books but it depends upon
    what you want. I wouldn't recommend anything from Ian Tattersall as he is
    too biased to take note of his opposition. Timewalkers, by Clive Gamble is a
    good overview. Chris Stringer and Clive Gamble, In Search of the
    Neanderthals. Johanson's books are good for the Australopithecine stage of
    evolution: Lucy's Child and Lucy.

    As to looking for the paleopsychology DON'T bother with Stephen Mithen's
    Prehistory of the Mind. He ignores more evidence than dogs have fleas.

    If I were still selling my books, which I am not, I would recommend Adam
    Apes and Anthropology. I goes into the spiritual development of man. You
    might be able to find a copy via interlibrary loan.

    glenn

    see http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm
    personal stories of struggle