RE: I Corinthians 13

From: glenn morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 02:31:16 EDT

    Mark Roberts wrote:

    > Please Glenn I don't think your comments are appropriate to be
    > said in public.
    >
    > Remember Bill had thsi cloud hanging over him for months. It
    > cannot be easy
    > as I well know. When people are out to get you it is easy to put
    > a foot wrong.

    I know it isn't easy. I worked for a complay in the 90's which underwent
    over 13 layoffs in that 10 year period. The vice-president would look for
    any little reason to lay people off because we were a dying company. THat
    cloud hung over us like Damacles sword. They had a Gulf of Mexico management
    team that consisted of 4 people and I am the sole survivor of 22 men that
    filled those positions. All others were laid off--and they were good men.
    During that time, I learned to always tell the truth but with care. It was
    a great survival skill. My point in saying this is that when there are
    clouds hanging over us, one must be 'wise as serpents and harmless as doves'
    Matt 10:16. Wisdom requires keeping in focus the goal you want to achieve
    and weighing the risks of our actions. Dembski didn't weigh those risks
    very well.

    glenn

    see http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm