To Bryan (on Morton's comments)

From: John Burgeson (burgy@compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 12:44:43 EDT

    Bryan:

    Glenn wrote: > Well, I was wrong--at least until Bill Dembski opened his
    big mouth. . . .

    > What happened to the Christian virtue of obedience to authority . . .

    and you commented:

    "What happened to the Christian virtue of respect? following the Golden
    Rule,
    loving one's enemy?

    If Bill's comments were inappropriate, this kind of remark is no less so.
    The
    double standard is disturbing."

    Glenn tends sometimes to be somewhat more caustic than I'd be. I think he
    did
    not mean disrespect for Bill Dembski. But in this case, although I would
    have
    used milder terms, what Bill did was exactly what Glenn described. It
    is unfortunate, IMHO, that he did so. All Glenn was doing was
    bringing the events to our attention; I think that's a good thing.

    Burgy