Re: ID

From: Bert Massie (bert@massie-labs.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 16:02:00 EDT

    Moorad

    I many times hear "Prove to me that God exists." to which I respond "Prove to me
    that man came from rocks." To which I hear usually "Well, all scientists (read,
    all evolutionary biologists by definintion) believe this."

    Setting mathematical "proofs" aside, we actually face a delima that nothing is
    provable including this statement.

    Sorry, when I hear "Prove to me that XXX is true ." I hear a question that is
    not provable. Therefore, I refuse to base my belief on God on the
    non-provability of really anything.

    Thus, we have to agree to the best explanation, the beauty principle, Okums
    razor, or whatever and then define what kind of evidence we will accept (a
    priori, many will define God out of existence by saying that only the results of
    "science" are evidence) and tell those who demand that we prove the existence of
    God to prove their own existence.

    Bert M.