Re: ID

From: SteamDoc@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 20:28:53 EDT

    In a message dated 10/18/00 10:25:54 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
    hcook@oanet.com writes:

    > 2. Is the ID discussion (approach) another reincarnation of the
    > proof for the existence of God? (No, I'm not being sarcastic)

    It doesn't *have* to be -- one can think of ID as merely a way to do science
    without trying to "prove" any theological points. Some ID proponents give
    lip service to such a theology-free approach, but when it comes down to it
    (and even more so in the use of their work within the church) they are mostly
    trying to find gaps in nature for God to fill. So yes, it is *in practice*
    essentially an updated version of Rev. Paley.

    Dr. Allan H. Harvey, Boulder, Colorado | SteamDoc@aol.com
    "Any opinions expressed here are mine, and should not be
     attributed to my employer, my wife, or my cats"