Re: How Irreducibly Complex Systems Evolve. Data Behe must deal with.

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 10:16:47 EDT

    Glenn Morton wrote:

    << My demand for excellence among the apologists comes from the fact that when
     I was learning the truth about what the anti-evolutionists and YECs were
     saying, I had to learn it from atheists. I should have been able to learn
     about it from Christians

    That is an important point. In a way, Western science is the product
    of our cultural foundations. Although epistemology originates from
    the Greeks, at the heart of the Christian faith is also John 8:32
    "you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free". Yet, we
    who supposedly preach "The Truth (R,Tm,C)" seem instead to be trying
    to suppress information. Moreover, we have discourage people of the
    faith from going out there into the world and looking at it with their
    own eyes and actively engaging in the daily activities that encompass
    that world (especially science). Surely, some have been lost for that
    reason. Indeed, "_We_ have sinned" (Ne 1:6).

    By Grace alone do we proceed,
    Wayne