Re: TE-man

From: Allen Roy (allenroy@peoplepc.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 22:43:22 EDT

    It seems to me that we need to define or discover how the Bible defines a
    soul. There are only two verses in the Bible which define the soul --

    Genesis 2:7 And the lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and
    breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living being
    [soul]. NIV

    1 Co 15:45 So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being
    [soul]"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. NIV

    This gives a very simple (for God :) formula to make a soul:

    A. Form a body.
    B. Infuse the body with life (Breath of life)
    C. Result: A living being (soul)

    Any other definition of the soul is not Biblical. Including the ever
    popular, erroneous, idea that God put a soul into a living being: i.e. that
    the soul is something separate from the person. It is life that was put
    into the body, not a soul into a body.

    Throughout the Bible we find that the soul eats, gets hungry, is happy,
    angry, gets tired, sleeps, dies, etc.

    This is where you must start, a Biblical definition of the soul. You can
    invent anything else you want, but it won't be Biblical and is totally
    irrelevant to the Bible.