Re: Omphalos

From: gordon brown (gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 12:43:12 EDT

    On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, John Burgeson wrote:

    > In case
    > you are not familiar with it, it presents a completely tight case for the
    > YEC position, one that CANNOT be refuted.

    It cannot be refuted SCIENTIFICALLY. It simply says that we can declare
    any scientific observation to be an illusion if we want to. We can
    however refute the idea that the Creator would employ illusion
    THEOLOGICALLY. The Scriptures appeal to what we can see in nature as
    supporting theological points. They also tell us that God cannot lie.

    Gordon Brown
    Department of Mathematics
    University of Colorado
    Boulder, CO 80309-0395