re: No more oil

From: Peter Vibert (wrcc@i-2000.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 09:53:49 EDT

    As a native of the UK and still a frequent visitor, I think Ted Davis
    may be a little over-enthusiasitic about the "British solution."
    Despite UK planning rules, and the undoubted benefits of preserving
    green space around developments,I have watched British roads and
    highways become the most congested in Europe over the past 25 years,
    even while gas prices were climbing to their >$4/USgall levels. The
    traffic back-ups around London can be as bad as around New York...

    Peter Vibert