Re: The mind/brain and revelation

From: George Andrews Jr. (gandrews@as.wm.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 01:47:33 EDT

    Hi Dave;

    David F Siemens wrote:

    > On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:57:30 -0400 "George Andrews Jr."
    > <gandrews@as.wm.edu> writes:
    > > > <snip>
    > > >

    > > The fact that those accompanying Paul did not also hear Christ's
    > > voice is my
    > > point. It was all in Paul's mind.
    > >
    > Sorry, George, but you need to read your Bible more carefully. Acts 9:7
    > says those with Saul heard a voice. So, if it was all in Saul's head, it
    > was also in the heads of those accompanying him.
    >
    > Dave

    Thanks for the correction. I thought they just heard sound. But I agree
    with your conclusion that is was also in the heads of the others. Again,
    where else would it be. However, unless I am mistaken again, I am afraid
    you may be missing my point concerning a theistic interpretation of the
    experiments. When I say it was in Paul's and his companion's minds, I am
    not arguing that the source wasn't God. I am saying that religious
    experiences must be in the mind so experimental stimulation shouldn't worry
    us.

    Sincerely
    George A.

    --