Re: Peer review, please

From: Dan Eumurian (cen09460@centurytel.net)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 19:11:11 EDT

    This is good to know. The excerpt from Genie's article quoted in _AFT On
    Campus_, however, made no mention of the limitations or qualifications
    to which you refer. The message that the AFT readers are being given
    seems to be that there are two sides to the issue: reasonable
    evolutionary scientists vs. creationists of any sort, with only YEC and
    IDC being mentioned.

    I am more than willing to step aside, but I would encourage someone more
    qualified would like to respond to the article. I haven't read the
    original article in _Science_, and my field is theology. Yet it bothers
    me to see the omission of any but the above three viewpoints. Was the
    excerpt taken out of context, or did Ms. Scott fail to present a
    complete picture?

    The American Federation of Teachers' website is www.aft.org, or on AOL,
    keyword AFT. I pass the torch. BTW, I'm contacting Dick Fischer to
    obtain a copy of his book. Thanks to both of you for your replies.

    Dan Eumurian

    Keith B Miller wrote: [snip]