to the physicists

From: Inge Frette (inge.frette@geologica.no)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 07:23:47 EDT

    Hello,
    I wonder if some of the physicists (or other) could
    help me out here.
    I am looking for a book that deal with what I would
    call everyday physics. With this I mean a book that
    explain the physics behind phenomena that we all
    experience in our daily lives. The book should discuss
    physical phenomenas that students in natural science
    classes in high school may ask - like
    - why is it (supposedly) safe to be in a car during lightening.
    - what is the reason for the shape of the rainbow
    - how does the moon contribute to the tides.
    ++ many other questions

    I am not looking for a high school book in natural science,
    but a book that specifically deal with what I call everyday physics.

    I don't know whether such a book exits, but if someone has
    suggestions I would appreciate that.

    Regards from Inge

    Inge Frette
    GEOLOGICA AS Phone : +47 51 87 58 15