Re: End of Cheap oil

From: Wendee Holtcamp (wendee@greendzn.com)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 18:55:55 EDT

    >Wendee, as long as you worship at the altar of convenience, you are
    part of
    >the problem and not part of the solution.

    If that is true, then there is not one person on earth who is part of
    the solution....

    And, I might add the only True solution is Jesus Christ!! Let he who
    is without sin cast the first stone...

    I actually live a pretty simple lifestyle compared to many, but the
    issue is not about how much we "do" or outward appearances. Being a
    part of the solution does not mean being completely legalistically
    perfect, I believe it means loving God first and loving our neighbors
    as ourselves. I would rather "work on" my spiritual health first, than
    legalistically appearing to be the perfect example of environmental
    stewardship. As you know, healing our spirit and tuning it toward our
    Heavenly Father is a lifelong process.

    I do feel the call to be environmentally responsible and I do what I
    can in my current life to do such. But there are compromises we all
    must make to balance our various callings. If I am called to give a
    presentation in NYC, and that will positively influence many I must
    balance that with the env. cost of fossil fuels, etc.

    I consider myself a pretty practical person. I am not against
    technology, I am not against development, I am not against using
    fossil fuels even. I only promote their wise use. How that is
    interpreted is up for debate. And I do respect other people's opinions
    on the issue.

    Wendee