Re: history of scientific method

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 19:10:23 EDT

    << Wendee Holtcamp wrote:

    > Anyone know whether Christians were involved in the development of the
    > scientific method? I seem to recall it was officially coined sometime
    > after Galileo's time but I can't remember exactly who first started it
    > or if any one person did. Any one know, or have references or ??
    George Murphy responded:
        There is no "official" scientific method. In fact, there is no single
     scientific method.

    True there is no "one" method. However, I might argue that two major
    players in the early development of modern science were Rene Descartes
    (1596-1650) and Francis Bacon (1561-1626) --- both of whom I am
    reasonably certain were Christians. ...Another reason why I find it so
    astonishing that people like Richard Dawkins say that philosophers
    have nothing to contribute.

    by Grace alone do we proceed,
    Wayne