Re: The demise of the vapor canopy

From: PHSEELY@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 23:02:39 EDT

    Glenn wrote,

    << I have just put up a web page that gives the history and demise of the
     water vapor canopy as a viable Creationist idea. I was one of the major
     players in that discussion via a 1979 article. It is interesting that after
     19 years ICR finally agreed with my criticisms of the canopy. The page is at:

     http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/canopy.htm >>

    I also showed in my paper on the water above the firmament ("The firmament
    and the water above, Part II: The Meaning of 'The Water above the Firmament"
    in Gen 1:6-8," Westminster Theological Journal 54 (1992) 31-46) that the
    interpretation of the "water above" as a (1) temporary (2) vapor (3) canopy
    above the (4) atmosphere is directly opposite to what the Bible is saying.

    The vapor canopy is falsified by both science and Scripture.

    Paul