Re: Numerics and Applied Apologetics

From: dfsiemensjr@juno.com
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 18:41:22 EST

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 23:28:35 +0100 Vernon Jenkins
<vernon.jenkins@virgin.net> writes:
> For the particular attention of George and Dave:
>
> I gather from your adverse remarks that neither of you has taken the
> trouble to check the material I have put on line. Is it that you
> fear
> these facts will challenge your deeply-held views?
>
> As Christians, you will be aware, of course, that nothing we read in
> the
> Book of Revelation may be lightly ignored (Rv.22:19). How then do
> you
> regard Rv.13:18? Is this a bit of 'fun', George? - or a bit of
> 'nonsense', Dave? For your information, this bit of 'numerology' (as
> you
> would, no doubt, call it!) specifies the investigations in which I
> am
> engaged. I make this point in my new page.
>
> Rather than barrack from the sidelines, why don't you both get to
> grips
> with the empirical evidence upon which my claims are founded - and
> attempt to 'shoot me down' by logical argument!
>
> Vernon

The canonical scriptures I take seriously, but, in the welter of
interpretations of those scriptures, there are some interpretations that
I cannot take seriously. Indeed, some are contradictory of others, making
them impossible to be held simultaneously. As to your challenge, I have
in the past taken note of various numerological views, from those
springing from the Kabala on to quite recent examples. Having reached a
rational analysis thereof, I need not look into further examples of the
same genre. While once my studies of numerology were fertilizing, I now
see no need for coprophagy.

Dave