Re: Freeman Dyson won the 2000 Templeton Prize for Progress in Religion

From: Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@uncwil.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 09:50:04 EST

    The curious thing about Dyson is that he only has a Master's degree--not
    that I think that much about a Ph.D. Dyson first formulated a method (the
    renormalization prescription) for the removal of infinities that plagued
    quantum electrodynamics. The latter is something that Dirac never quite
    accepted as a feature of a correct theory of electrodynamics.

    Moorad